1 Handle vs 2 Handle Faucet –Which Is Better?
If you’re contemplating choosing between single-handed faucets and double-handled faucets, you’ve landed in the right place. You have to make the choice based on important factors such as weight, style, usage, plumbing requirements, and installation type. Beyond this, you have weigh in the pros and cons of the faucet types before making the final decision.
In this article, we share all the information that will help you make the choice between a single-handed faucet and a double-handled faucet
Single-Handle vs Double-Handle Kitchen faucet - A Brief Comparison
1.Single-Handle Kitchen Faucets
As the name suggests single-handle faucets have only one handle. The single-handle control system regulates both hot and cold water. Simply turning it on and off manages and controls the water flow to your preference.
Though these faucets are commonly used by everyone, it presents you with numerous unique designs suitable for your kitchen. Your messy hands don't need to meet the faucet handle, it can be accessed even through your elbow. These faucets suit kitchens or bathrooms with small-sized sinks or basins
For installation, this faucet needs one hole, simply drill a hole in the upper part of the sink, read the faucet's catalog, and fix it according to the configuration. No need for any complicated tool or device to install, just simply read the catalog understand and process the installation, or you can also get professional help.
Features of Single-Handle Faucet
- Easy to use
- A single-handle kitchen faucet is faster and easier to use than a dual handle. It needs only one hand or you may use your elbow to turn the on and off the faucet.
- Sleek and simple
- Single-handle faucet models are compact and do not require more space for working purposes. It gives a simple, convenient, and elegant look. This efficiently flows the stream of water without compromising on quality and performance.
- Suits small sinks
- If you have a compact kitchen with small sinks, you are here at the right place. Single-handle faucets will go on perfectly with small or large basins and sinks. These faucets work well in small spaces.
- Easy to clean
- This type of faucet is not so difficult to clean. There won't be any unremovable persistent dirt staying under the faucet, this helps to clean and maintain the faucet easily.
- Though it is a traditional faucet, it has many unique trendy designs that fit your kitchen space
- Controls both the hot and cold temperatures in the faucet by simply turning them on and off
- Do not need more space in your kitchen, it fits well in a small compact space.
- Designed especially for smaller sinks
- Easy to clean
- Fixing the repair is complicated. You cannot use it until a plumber comes and resolve them
- Sometimes the water gets more hot and difficult to adjust
- Unsafe for children to use
Double-Handle Kitchen Faucet
Many prefer double-handle kitchen faucets due to their separate handles for temperature control - One handle controls the hot water and another controls the cold/normal water. These handles are placed down on the two sides of the faucet nozzle.
Though this is a traditional faucet its unique modern design integrates and enhances your modular interiors look.
The installation of a double-handle faucet is much more difficult than that of a single-handle faucet as more than one hole needs to be drilled. This faucet needs more space to get installed as there are two handlebars in it.
Features of Double-Handle Kitchen Faucet
Vintage look-Do you adore vintages, especially in your home style? Then this double-handed faucet is of your category. It gives you a completely traditional feel to your kitchen making it look perfect vintage. The classic yet modern version features an incredible blend of traditional and modern touches to the kitchen.
Precision temperature-In a dual-handle faucet, one handle controls the hot water and one handle controls the cold water. You have the convenience and can customize your water to the precise temperature.
Works in leakages-Even if the faucet handle is closed for repairs due to leakage, you can still use the other handle for water. Shut the repaired faucet handle and continue using the other handle. This feature brings more convenience to every kitchen setup.
Good symmetry-Double-handled faucets give good symmetry to kitchens. It is well-fixed and works flawlessly in large spaces rather than small spaces.
- Has separate handles for controlling the hot and cold water
- Comes with many unique designs, better quality, and features giving a classic modern look to the kitchen.
- Gives a timeless look enhancing your home interiors.
- Easy replacement
- Installation is difficult
- Hard to clean
- Has more parts and connections
- Cannot access in one hand
Buyers Guide for 1 Handle and 2 Handle Kitchen Faucet
Before choosing between these two faucets, let's remember some more points for a better selection.
- Decide your type: Do you need your faucet replaced or buy a new one? Verify your type of faucet and choose according to that
- Analyze your space: Choose the right type of kitchen sink. If you have a small sink space, you need to choose a single-handle faucet, or if you have a large sink space choose a double-handle faucet. You can preferably choose either a single or dual handle when you have a bigger space
- Replacement process: Having a single-handle faucet and replacing it with a double-handle consumes time and money. Whereas replacing the double handle with a single handle faucet is comparably easier so choose accordingly
- Appearance: Both faucets look great in your kitchen. The single-handle faucet gives a modern and genuine impression whereas the dual-handle faucet gives a timeless and classic appearance
- Installation: Installation of these faucets is not varied much. Single-handle faucet is easy to install, within a hole. But the double handle faucet takes some time and needs two more holes to install
Comparing 1-Handle vs 2-Handle Kitchen Faucets
Modern and Genuine
Timeless and Classic
Controls in one handle
Separate handles for control
Small space is enough
Need more space
Replacing the faucet
Takes much effort
Cannot use water
Can use another handle for water
Frequently Asked Questions
Quality faucets last for about 15 to 20 years but if your faucet is constantly repaired, replace it with a good quality faucet.
Double-handle faucets have two different handles with separate cartridges for both cold water types.
Nickel, satin, and pewter finish faucets are easier to maintain than chrome and brass finish faucets.
A single-handle faucet costs between $100 and $500 whereas a double-handle faucet starts from $100 and goes up above $700.
Single-handle and double-handle faucets are considered the best in their own aspects for your kitchen. But on the other hand, you must choose the faucet that suits your sink space.
If you have a small sink space you can choose for single-handle faucet or if you have a large sink space choose a double-handle faucet. A good faucet not only looks appealing to your eyes, but its features should be more precise for better performance. So choose one that suits your preferences. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment.