How Does a Touchless Faucet Work?
Technology has found its way to every nook and corner of our lives. One such intervention for the betterment of our lives is the invention of the touchless faucet. The best touchless faucets are being manufactured in every corner of the world to meet customers' demands. Touchless taps have changed the way how things work in the sink and bathroom. But, what goes behind the functioning of a touchless faucet is still an unanswered question for many touchless faucet users.
This article will guide you through the mechanism behind the functioning of a touchless faucet.
Parts Of A Touchless Faucet
Understanding the parts of a touchless faucet will help in the easy understanding of the mechanism.
- Spout - The part that delivers the water is the spout. The spout varies according to the types of kitchen faucets and bathroom faucets. The spout is the first fixture that is usually noticed in a kitchen faucet. A spout decides the functionality of the faucet. A sensor is present at the tip or edge of the spout to detect hand movements
- Sensor - This is the proximate reason behind the functioning of a touchless faucet is the sensor. The sensor receives signals and transmits them to other parts of the faucet
- Power source - Touchless faucet functions with the support of a power system. An effective power system is essential for the sensors to perform their mechanism
- Waterproof cables - Cables are present to connect all the parts of the faucet. As there are chances of circuits in the kitchen and bathroom because of frequent usage of water, these waterproof cables help to avoid any mishappenings
- Solenoid valve - This valve opens and closes the valve to control the flow of water based on the signals received from the sensor. Positive and negative signals are sent to the valve. Positive signals indicate the activation of water flow whereas negative stops the flow of water.
How Does A Touchless Kitchen Faucet Work?
A touchless faucet can be activated by various means. The most widely used mode of activating a touchless kitchen faucet includes voice, hand movement, and through a mobile application.
1.Voice activation technology
A kitchen faucet is equipped with sensors to receive commands and initiate the water flow. In order to do this, a person has to activate the mechanism by loading the custom commands at the time of installation of the faucet. Custom container commands can also be added such as 10 ounces of water, one bottle of water, or filling the kid’s bowl. These faucets can be paired with smart gadgets such as Alexa and google assistant in order to work efficiently.
A touchless faucet can also be activated by a wave of a hand. The infrared sensor sends signals to the solenoid valve to activate or deactivate the water flow. Led indicators are present at the tip of the spout for you to easily spot the sensor and wave your hand. The water flows within less than two seconds at the wave of your hand. It stops automatically when you wave your hand again. If there is no activity detected, the water flow is automatically stopped after a period of three minutes. These sensors are constructed with the potential to detect hand movements that are not intended to turn the faucet and they help in preventing accidental turning on of water. This helps to save water.
A touchless faucet can also be activated via the faucet’s application. Controls are inbuilt and the user can activate the water flow by just clicking on the controls. The water flow can be started, and stopped, and also commands can be given to fill the water along with the measurements. Official applications of the faucet manufacturers are loaded with plenty of user-friendly options to make your interaction easier and straightforward.
Touchless faucets are one of the productive additions to your household. Most touchless faucets are designed in a way that can be activated by various means. If you are finding it hard to activate it by any mode, you can always opt in for the alternate.
Hope our article helped you understand the mechanism behind the touchless faucet. If you have any questions regarding the same, feel free to contact our team.