How to Clean Kitchen Faucets?
Kitchen faucets are those that are in use throughout the whole day while cooking, cleaning, vessel washing, and even for washing hands. After completing all the day-long activities these faucets get some breathing moments while completely cleaning them. Proper cleaning is required to maintain the faucet. Even many faucets reviews websites advise proper cleaning for maintaining its durability. Probably you would touch the faucet every time even with messy hands, you may simply clean it with water but a deep cleaning is required to stop the germs from spreading.
If you clean them during the night it is easy for you to start work in the morning, also the germs will spread especially during the night time. Put a clean full stop to that.
Analyzing the common usage we have given you certain quick tips and advice on cleaning the kitchen faucets.
Simple Ways to Clean Kitchen Faucets
Steps before cleaning
Before starting your cleaning process make sure there are no vessels in the sink. It will create a mess while cleaning and the unwashed dishes smell affect the faucet after cleaning.
- Every faucet has its own property and texture. Do check your faucet's user manual for cleaning and maintenance instructions. Proceed according to that
- Search for cleaning agents and choose one that is suitable for your faucet’s character
- Take essential things like detergent or soap oil, soft brushes, plastic bags, and so on. If you need to deep clean then you can opt for lemon or vinegar, baking soda, tartar, and hydrogen peroxide. Deep cleaning is recommended every month
Guidance on cleaning
- Before you start to clean, analyze the type of cleaning that is needed for your faucet, if it has more tough stains go for deep cleaning or else do a usual cleaning
- For normal cleaning, take a wet cloth wipe out the small strains, and then dry up the excess water content sticking up in them
- Then introduce cleaning agents, preferring on natural cleansers you can mix white vinegar and water. You can also use store-bought chemical cleansers and clean them
- Apply a small number of cleansers to the less important areas and check whether the faucet accepts it
- Use brushes to clean the innermost or hidden areas to make them completely fresh
Effective hard cleaning
For heavier stains on your kitchen faucets, use vinegar or any other chemical cleaner and wipe them. Some of the tough strains and their cleaning methods are as follows.
Each faucet material has its type of cleaning substance. For iron, you can take lemon with any type of powdered cleaning chemicals, mix them well and apply through the rusting and buildup.
Some faucets have green buildups due to high levels of chlorine, it can be treated with the mixing of ammonia in water. Apply them using a cloth and clean them with water thoroughly. White build-ups can be removed using vinegar and baking soda. Using a cleaning brush or a toothbrush you can rub and clean them.
2.Cleaning the nozzle
The nozzle is the part where the water flows through. It needs separate attention while cleaning. There's a simple trick to clean this nozzle, you can use any cleaning soap or even vinegar is fine with it. Take a plastic bag, fill it with water, and apply a few drops of soap or vinegar.
Tie them to the nozzle of the faucet, and after some time rub the base with a brush. It helps to remove the excess dirt particles and the nozzle free from bacteria and germs.Clean the excess vinegar by turning on the water and making it run for a few seconds and then dry it using a cloth.
3.Interior parts assessment
Though the outer parts need care and cleaning equal care must be taken for its interior and hidden regions also. Filter essentially removes the dirt in the water, it must be separately removed for cleaning. Carefully unscrew them and rub the inner parts of the filter using a brush.
Wash it and put it in a bowl full of water plus vinegar and boil them. Then take it from the water, rub it with a dry cloth, and reinsert it carefully. Whether your faucet is attached to the wall or the sink, the edges, screws, and underwater pipes must be well-analyzed and cleaned completely. After completely cleaning all the parts, and drying the faucet using a microfiber cloth, leftover drops of water may cause damage to the faucet parts. Make sure you clean them thoroughly.
Buying a well-designed and spectacular kitchen faucet enhances your whole kitchen's appearance. It mainly provides you with a neat and clean water flow for safeguarding your health. For maintaining their quality you must clean them properly with the required cleansers and efficient tools. Going through efficient cleaning tips and reviews Make a schedule and give your faucet a cleaning time to maintain it clean and fresh.
Our guidance and tricks will make your cleaning part easy. So keep following them on your cleaning schedules.
Disclaimer - The images inside the article were collected from the internet. We do not own any of them.